Monday, August 8, 2011

Reading Android Developers Guide on a 10" Netbook


If you use a 10" screen to read you probably can understand me here. I always enlarge the text in the browser to make it easier on the eyes.
So that's what I did when I started reading the android dev guide.
Here how it looks on my screen:
It's very annoying to read something like that.
Anyway, here is the solution:

  1. Install the documentation localy from the SDK manager. The location on my computer (XP) is C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\docs
  2. Open this file in your text editor of choice C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\docs\assets\android-developer-docs.js
  3. Change var HEADER_HEIGHT = 117; to var HEADER_HEIGHT = 0;
  4. Add the following line of code at the beginning of the init() funtion: $("#header").css("display","none");
  5. Now open the dev guide locally and enjoy your reading time :)
Here is the result:



No comments: